Salmon will ensure that you get an abundant supply of omega-3 fatty acids and protein. It has plenty of health benefits, the top being the wonders it does to the hair, skin, brain, and heart. But did you know that 75% of the salmon you eat is farm-raised and not wild-caught? Wild caught salmon is hard to get and costly. However, if you want wild-caught salmon for dinner, order Papa Earth wild caught salmon. The way they are caught and raised makes a whole lot of difference in their texture, taste, and the health benefits they provide. The wild-caught salmon are caught from their natural environment using:
- Hand Lines
They grow in their natural habitat and eat natural food. They are not fed with artificial food and are not subjected to additives.
Whereas farm-raised salmon are raised in a closed environment like fresh weather tanks. The reason for the bread is to supply the consumption demand. The texture, taste, and nutrient benefits of these salmons are different. It happens because they are fed different food.
What are the benefits of having wild salmon?
Rich in omega-3 fatty acids: The wild salmon eat different plankton, making them rich in omega-3 fatty acids. It is very important for our health, especially it helps in brain development in children.
Carcinogen contamination: Carcinogens are harmful substances due to water pollution. Wild salmons have less risk of carcinogen contamination than farm-raised salmon though it may vary.
Less amount of dioxins: The wild salmon have lower levels of dioxin. Dioxins are found in the water that might enter the fish’s body and harm us if we consume that fish. Wild salmon, especially Pacific salmon, have a lower level of dioxins.
Health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids
The benefits of omega-3s are numerous, here are listed a few:
- Omega-3s help to fight depression and anxiety.
- They help in improving eye health.
- If you are pregnant, having omega-3s will help the child’s brain development.
- They help in reducing cholesterol.
- Children with ADHD should have omega-3 as it helps them in reducing the symptoms.
- They help to fight autoimmune diseases.
- Children suffering from asthma should have omega-3 as it is beneficial for them.
- They have great effects on skin, hair, and nails.
- They help in the healing of the fatty liver.
- They are beneficial for bone and joints.